Self care is important for both survivors and for supporters of survivors!
- Remember that your feelings are a normal reaction to an abnormal situation. Anything you might be feeling is normal and part of the healing process.
- Take care of your physical health. Eat well, exercise, etc.
- Seek social support by reaching out to trusted friends, family, or school personnel.
- Try relaxation techniques, such as meditation, deep breathing, yoga, massage, reading, or prayer.
- Seek forms of self expression that make you feel good about yourself. Try journal writing, art, or physical exercise.
- Remember the many resources available to help you through any and every step of your emotional healing process. You are not alone.